Regathering Guidelines & Updates
By now you have probably heard about the manditory mask mandate for public meeting places in Seminole County that went into effect this week.
Here is how the mask mandate impacts your Sunday morning worship experience.
We love you, and we will get through this together!
Below, we have put together a checklist regarding things YOU can do to partner with us as we begin to meet in person again.
- Use Wisdom. Although many are ready to get back to meeting in person, we ask that everyone prayerfully consider your options when returning. If you are in a high-risk category, online church is still a great option for you. Our outdoor pavilion will also be available for those who want to return to meeting in person, but prefer to sit outdoors.
- Be Respectful. We ask that everyone please be respectful of the social distancing guidelines of staying 6 feet apart while on campus as we begin to meet again. Even if you feel comfortable with a handshake, we don't want to assume that everyone else around us is. Let's commit to respecting each other's space so that everyone who shows up feels comfortable and protected.
- Arrive 15 minutes early. We will have seating attendants inside the auditorium and outside under the pavilion, ready to help seat you and your family in a way that complies with the social distancing guidelines of 6 feet. Arriving a few minutes early will help us get everyone seated before the worship service begins.
- Masks: We will be complying with the Mask Mandate for Seminole County until it is lifted, for adults. We have clarified with the county that small children do not have to wear masks, so KidZone and Discovery Zone do not have to wear masks. If wearing a mask is a deal-breaker for you, our online or outdoor (with a new cooling system) option is available for you.
- We will be providing hand sanitizer, and will be encouraging every person on campus to please use hand sanitizer on their way in. If you have allergies or skin sensitivity, we encourage you to bring your own.
Online is still a great option. If you have concerns or just don't feel ready to return to church in person, please continue to join us online!
* While we are going to do everything we can to make returning to church as safe as possible, we cannot guarantee your safety. Just like returning to restaurants and stores, returning to church comes with some risks.
Online is Still a Great Option:
We will continue to gather online Sundays at 9am and 10:45am (EST). You can watch live on Facebook, YouTube or at Seminolechurch.com/live.
We are encouraging each Life Group leader to prayerfully decide how they will meet during the summer. Many Life Groups take a break during the summer anyway, but if your Life Group chooses to meet, they will be encouraged to continue to provide an online option via Zoom for those who are not comfortable or able to meet in person.
For those returning to church there are some areas where you can volunteer to help make it a safe experience. Please sign up on the I'll Help form.
If at any point over the next few weeks you are in need of assistance pertaining to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), SCC is here to help!
Whether it is going to the store on your behalf or you have greater needs due to layoff, please fill out the help form to provide us with information on how we can help you. Your request will be reviewed immediately and we will contact you with more information.
We want to know how we can be praying for you. If you have a specific prayer need during this time, please fill out the prayer requests form. Your prayer request will be forwarded to our pastoral staff and elders.